Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday the _th!!!

This is my last Friday the 13th post. I thought I'd conclude with another short story...

Black Rose
"See you tomorrow!" I called out to my best friend, Kylie. I swung my backpack over my shoulder and headed towards the bus stop. I went to HeartRidge Middle School, and was currently in the 7th grade. My name's Brianna, and Kylie and I have been friends for a while now. We met when we both joined the cheerleading squad at our old Elementary school,(Sunyside Academy), and have been best friends ever since.
As I climbed onto the bus, I realized tomorrow was Friday the 13th, and Kylie and I would be having our annual "Friday the 13th Sleepover". It wasn't like we were superstitous or anything, but we would use any excuse to have a sleepover together. I couldn't wait!
The next day, Kylie wasn't at school. I figured she'd show up eventually, and tried not to push the thought from my mind. But no matter what I was doing I continued worrying.
I waited for her at our usual spot at lunch, but still she didn't show.
After school I tried calling her several times to no avail. I had no choice but to climb onto the bus, still worrying.
That night though, Kylie showed up. She was wearing her cheerleading uniform for some unknown reason.
"Kylie, where were you today?" I asked.
"Doesn't matter", was all she said in a flat monotone.
"I have something to show you," Kyli said unemotionally. As I looked at her, I suddenly realized she was extremely pale. As I wasobserving her, she pulled a silver knife from behind her back.
"Kylie! What are you doing?!?" I screamed.
"Showing you something", She took the knife and plunged it into her stomach.
I screamed. She pulled the knife out, now stainedbright crimson red. Blood poured down her uniform, but she didn't seem to notice or care. She didn't even flinch.
"W-What? How?" I whispered.
"Simple, I was already dead,".
With that she walked away, trailing blood. When she was gone, the only thing that remained besides the blood was a single black rose.
The next morning, I woke up hoping it had all been a dream, or nightmare rather. But, on the news it there was a major story on two men who had been found dead on highway 41. The only evidence the authorities had found was a single black rose. The other breaking story was that Kylie Rogers, a local 7th grader had dissaperead without a trace. The only clue found at her house was a single black rose that both parents denied having seen before the dissapearence. I sighed, well at least Kylie got her revenge...




I hope you liked this...

2 comments:

  1. This story is a good beginning for a very scary novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Becky. Very intriguing. I like it.

    ReplyDelete